Sunday, April 11, 2010

Changes... Big Changes...

Hi Bloggers!

We have been changing a lot lately. Some may say is a drastic change :)

First of all, Charlene's Shichida's class is now togather with Bernice. Same time, same teacher, same class :) Charlene have been wanting to go to "teacher Jane" class, cos Aloysius and Bernice are with "teacher Jane". So that she's not the odd one out, we decided to change her to the same class with Bernice.

Bernice and Charlene are now attending Julia Gabriel Playclub at East Coast :). I think this will change again in July or September this year. I am thinking of putting them in Shichida kindergarten early. I gotta get the principal to agree to take them in though. hmm... Use my persuasive power! hahaha...

Aloysius misses "teacher Lisa" and "teacher Lori". They are his music teachers. "Teacher Lori" teaches basic music in group, and "teacher Lisa" teaches him violin. hmm... I chose to withdraw cos I do not like the school, more dislike for the receptionist. I felt rather cheated. Before I pay, changing time slots is possible. First is the class with teacher Lori. I "tolerated" going to the class and finish it up. Before I signed up for a term, I was promised that if I need to change a timing, they can do that for me. I have to adapt to the time the lazy receptionist gives me! Then, I changed Aloysius to the afternoon session for kindergarten. I have to change the violin class. And "not available". Well, kindergarten is on the top in priority list. I believe there are many good violin teachers out there though... hmm... not so positive ya :) And worse of all, after coming back from Japan, I called them up for make-up class. Who knows... there's a rule there that every 3 months, only 1 make-up class is allowed! And I signed on the dotted lines to agree with that! Geesh... Bad experience with them. tsk tsk tsk... Not going to Novena Square 2 for music classes already... Now looking out for new music classes and teachers :) Any recommendations? Let me know ya :)

And next big big change is "we have moved!" We have moved to stay with my parents. The move is necessary cos my mum cannot come over to help me anymore. She gotta look after my sis's boy too. We have moved for a few weeks already, and I realised there are huge improvements in my gals' behaviour! hmm... now I wonder whether my maid did anything to my gals, not physically, maybe mentally. My mum realised that she will be laughing away when my gals cry. You know what, I have crying gals when we were in Japan. Is it related? Maybe. I had two occasions with Bernice lying down on the floor, crying and kicking, and refused to be carried. I was puzzled at their behaviour cos Aloysius was not like this. And I did spend enough time with them at home. hmm... I chose to renew this maid, basically cos she's honest and do not steal. I sent her back for a 2 weeks holiday already. I will be renewing her work permit soon. But before that, will be setting my expectations for her, and see if our expectations can meet too. She's asking for a day off per month, plus she got a phone, plus she got a DVD player, plus her higher pay than market. My initial criteria was no days off, no phone, no TV. hmm... and I have been thinking about these for 3 weeks, weighing my risk of problems. Afterall she's human. I guess I gotta trust her that she's old enough to know what to do and what not to do.

We are still in the process of moving. Big items haven't moved yet. Will be putting up in papers to rent out our place though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Stef said...

Hey try Mandeville Music & Drama at united Square. I do know of a couple of shichida method student attending both violin & piano there & has been with them for more than 2 yrs. Guess should be good. In fact, one parent told me that this is 1 of 2 best music school in Singapore.

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
My dd attends shichida method too and I am now considering sending her to shichida kindergarten next year. I have been trying to get feedback on shichida kindergarten from parents online but can't seem to find any except for your blog. Do you mind letting me know how Aloysious is doing so far and how often the teacher report his progress..I didn't realize you can send the girls earlier for shichida kindergarten because I need to send my dd earlier because my baby will be due in Dec and it will be hard to send her to the new environment plus it might feel like I am sending her away when the baby arrives! Sigh!

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks!
Luckymommy

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Happy Sunflower said...

Hi Stef! Thanks for the advice.

Hi Luckymommy! Contact me on facebook. Linna Ung.

Friday, May 28, 2010 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home