Saturday, December 05, 2009

My Aloysius...

I am supposed to go to KL with the family this weekend. But I have lost my passport :( I gotta wait till Monday when the High commissioner is open to apply for a new passport. Hopefully it will not be too much trouble, cos I am going to Penang next weekend! Now, left me home alone by myself. So I got time to blog... hahaha... Not so bad too, ya? :p

I can only imagine the stay at Darby Park suites, the visit to KLCC, the visit up on the sky bridge, etc.

Ok la... I cannot be doing nothing rite? I better work hard on myself over this weekend then...

While replying my emails, I just thought of a very funny incident that I will share with you now. Be prepared to laugh your heads off, or find it disgusting... either way...

Two weeks ago, I brought all the kids for shopping at Robinsons. It was a members' nite hence it's very crowded. We queued up at the cashier for quite some time. The cashier was near a fitting room. Aloysius, Bernice and Charlene were playing near the fitting room. And Aloysius saw a salesgal with lots of pimples on her face. He went up to her and without hesitation with lots of excitement, and said "Lots of pimples, must use bar!" He repeated it a few times! My helper and I heard him. I did not know where to hide my face. hahaha... I did not teach him that lots of pimples need to use bar. Probably he learnt it from one of the functions that I brought him to. I will bring him to my business functions sometimes to give him some exposure. But very rarely now cos he cannot sit down quietly.

hmm... How to "teach" him to be able to sit quietly? Any suggestions?

I haven't got time to read up on that yet. He seems to be in another stage of development. His teachers feedback that he's very active in class. He will be walking around during class time and snack time. He learnt things very fast though. Although he's walking around, he's still listening to his teachers.

I started sending him for Kamome Japanese classes this term. Since it's half price cos he's attending the kindergarten, so might as well. However, I might have to withdraw him after he finishes this term. His teacher recommended that he's not suitable for the class cos he's disturbing due to his activeness. Plus the class is for 4 and above. hmm... The Japanese class teacher is cannot be strict to the students in order to make lessons fun and enjoyable. Ok... I dunno what to comment. Afterall he's still a kid. I cannot educate him when I do not even know what happened. And he gotta be educated that what he did was not appropriate. The week before the coordinator called me up, something happened in class. I heard from his Shichida method teacher that she heard lots of noise from the Jap class that lesson. Aloysius started the "chaos" that the teacher could not control, cos the other boys in class followed his shouting and jumping. There are 3 other boys in class too. 4 boys shouting and jumping with excitement in class! Probably the teacher was stressed out. We sat down over a discussion with his Shichida Method teacher and the Kamome program manager. The decision was to let him finish up the lessons for the term. On my side, I am repeatedly telling him to sit down quietly in class when teacher is teaching, and also listening to teacher's instructions. Hopefully by the end of the term, he is being accepted again. His Shichida Method teacher reckons that he do not know the expectations in the class, hence the "misbehaviour". Afterall, young children do not know what is "good" or "bad" until you tell them.

I just signed up music classes for Aloysius too. It's a foundation to musical instruments. And also I signed myself up for 4 trial classes of violin and 4 classes of guitar :) I will bring Aloysius into the violin and guitar classes. We will start the lessons next week. If he likes it, I will sign up for the next term. I was told that the 4 classes of violin is enough for us to know how to play "twinkle twinkle little stars"! It sounds cool. I am looking forward to that. These 3 classes are back to back on Saturday! Yeah! Something new and interesting...

Ok... I better go and get things done... I can go on and on forever... Later all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home