Saturday, December 05, 2009

My Bernice...

Bernice is 20 months now. She was toilet trained at 18 months, but now... back to diapers at nite. Diaper free during the day already. Occasionally, still urine in her shorts. But I am sure she will be off diapers completely very soon.

Mommy brings Bernice for Shichida method class every Thursday. She enjoyed going for class very much. She just changed teacher this term. She adapted to it pretty well though. Bernice is attentive in class most lessons and can complete all the activities given by the teacher. She's quite vocal and has a strong personality. She's speaking sentences already. For example, "Mommy can I have some milk please.", "I want mommy bao bao.", " I want raisins/ bread/ biscuits." She can recognise colors and shapes! And she's excellent in linking memory too. She will follow me when I teach her how to say in class.

Bernice likes singing very much. She can sing many songs now. She loves listening to songs of different languages. When we are in the car, she will sit quietly and listen to either Sawako story or songs.

She's an active gal too. Recently, she's having fun in pulling the toilet tissue in the toilet. She is "ransacking" the cupboards in the kitchen too. But she will put them back after taking them out.

Bernice loves to draw. I was surprised that she can hold the pencil and pens in the proper way. A few days ago, when I brought her with me for Aloysius' meet-the-parents session, the teacher gave her some toys to keep her occupied. But the toys can only keep her interest for a while. Then she started to teacher's pen to draw. So the teacher gave her a piece of paper, crayons and color pencils to draw. Drawing or writing kept her interest for quite some time. I will find more time with her to teach her how to draw horizontal, vertical, circles to start with.

Bernice loves her flashcards sessions very much too. Everytime when I ask "Do you want flashcards?" She will go "Yes." and off she goes to sit on the sofa for "flashcards position".

She's a wonderful and happy girl.

A few days ago, Charlene was playing and hurt herself. Charlene cried "pain, pain!" Guess what Bernice did... She ran to the bathroom, then came running out again towards Charlene, took her hand and stroke her hand while saying "bar bar bar". hahaha... She actually went to the bathroom to get my bar and came out applying for Charlene! It was so funny... She learnt fast indeed! hahaha...

That's all for now about Bernice... Let me write about Charlene next...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I followed your link from Facebook. Very good that you potty trained two children before the age of two. I have a three year old grand-daughter I take care of and can not get her out of diapers. Must be I'm too old to watch babies. I would love to know your secret. Johnny Bell, Alaska

Saturday, March 06, 2010 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger mintz said...

hahaha! even bernice knows to use bar when charlene get hurt! LOL. you really have some wonderful kids, and can really feel your unlimited love for them ^^
-jia min.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home