Monday, June 05, 2006

38 weeks 1 day...

We have confirmed Aloysius' birth on 6 June (tomorrow!) early in the morning by c-section. We gonna pay extra $1k to the gynae, and extra $200 to the anaesthetist. And maybe extra dunno how much for the operating theatre.

It's getting very exciting. I feel that reality is now setting in. I am getting rather nervous and excited to see how Aloysius looks like :). I gotta get myself admitted into Gleneagles tonite at 12.30am.

This morning, I went to see Dr. Chew again. I am hoping that if I can opt out of the jabs that will strengthen baby's lungs. It consists of two jabs. I gotta go to the A&E to take the first jab this morning :(. I heard it's a very very painful jab. Dr. Chew told me it's for the good of the baby, just in case if baby's lungs is not fully developed. These jabs, gotta be taken at 12 hours apart, to increase the surfectant in baby's lungs. Surfectants will help baby's lungs to expand at birth. There's no way to scan to decide if there's enough surfectant in baby's lungs :(. Sobs... which means I will have to take the jabs. If anything happens to Aloysius, I will not forgive myself... So I agreed to the jabs.

Then I went to the A&E department for the jab and to see Dr. Edward Pang, my anaesthetist. I asked the nurse if I can have the jab on my arm. She told me it's going to be very very painful on the arm, so better on the buttocks... :( That made me even more scared. Aiyo... The jab is really very painful :( I cried... This is indeed the most painful jab I have ever taken. The nurse gave me an ice pack after that. It's much better with the ice pack. I rested for a while till the area was numb.

Then, Dr. Pang came. He discussed the options of anaesthesia with us - epidural or general. After I told him that I had discsectomy before, he said if I want epidural, I will have to get another anaesthetist cos he's not going to do it for me. hmm... he's so direct... Next he told me that I have been through many surgeries, and he will be giving me morphine this time for painkiller. He predicts that I will not be able to take it if he gives me milder painkiller like Pethidine. I was given Pethidine in my last two surgeries. hmm... I felt quite stuck and kinda regret not taken care of myself last time :( Now, I have to end up having a C-section to give birth, plus having to take in strong painkiller... Dr. Pang was very nice and explained a lot of things to me and told me what he's going to do. He has been practicing for 40 years! He sounds very experienced and I will be in good hands. He's the first anaesthetist who is so detailed in bothers to explain things to me... :) I really appreciate that.

After seeing Dr. Pang, I took a cab home. I kept thinking what Dr. Pang had told me. I did some housework and cleaning around the house. After some thoughts, I decided to give Dr. Pang a call. I am worried about the effects of morphine. I told him my concerns and I wanted Pethidine. Dr. Pang assured me that I will not be addicted to morphine one... lol...

Okie dokie... gotta get my things ready to get admitted to Gleneagles at 0030hrs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home