Friday, July 21, 2006

Parenting.

I have finished the 21 shapes cards which comes in a set. hmm... among the cards, Aloysius will cry when I showed him the "hand" and "fish". To me, these two cards looks scary too. I will be going on to the words cards next week. I will start on the English cards first, then perhaps, one week later, the Chinese cards as well.


About parenting:

2 weeks ago, I borrowed a book by the "baby whisperer" (Tracy Hogg). I read and tried the recommendations given. Tracy said that her method is in between the "letting baby cry it out" and "attachment parenting". I followed the recommendation of having a schedule for baby called "EASY" (eat, activity, sleep and your time). She reasoned out why there's a need for a schedule, and described how to "train" baby to have a schedule. Eat - let baby eat for 20-45 minutes, A - then activity for that includes bathing, diapering, etc for 45 mins, S - let baby take 20 mins to fall asleep and have a nap. Y - your time to do your own things while baby is asleep. After trying to follow this "EASY" program, I ended up with a crying baby, and felt distanced from my baby. I will not follow this already... There are some useful tips on deciphering different types of baby's cries... and attending to their needs.

I am looking for books by William Sears and Martha Sears. They advocate "attachment parenting". I think I will follow "attachment parenting", though it may be time-consuming. But for the well-being of Aloysius, anything goes as long as I can cope :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home