Friday, July 20, 2007

Aching all over...

I am feeling awful today. I have been very tired and aching all over since yesterday evening. I felt nausea and slight giddiness too :( I had some durian in the late afternoon yesterday, and had been feeling awful since. Will heatiness cause tiredness? Or is it dengue? I dunno. I dunno what’s wrong with me. I have stopped breastfeeding Aloysius for a week now. I dunno if it’s related to my hormonal changes in the body. Gosh…

When we came back from KL, Aloysius wanted me to carry and carry, and refused to walk. It could be partly because I have not been carrying nor playing with him for a few days while I was preparing for my exams. ***guilty*** Luckily, since yesterday, he’s back to his happy self. I do not have to keep carrying him now. He’s walking everywhere. And also not forgetting “ransacking” my drawers, wardrobes, kitchen cabinets. Last nite, when I was having a meeting at WBG office, he walked the length of the office more than 10 times. Hmm… I think he had walked easily 1km yesterday. Aloysius, mommy is proud of you. Well done! :)

I had finally weaned Aloysius off breast feeding. He’s now taking Purenat goat’s milk. This is the only goat’s milk that he will drink. It has no sugar added. I think Aloysius dun like sweet stuffs. I hope this will be the case even when he grows up :)

Hmm… How did I wean? Maybe you will ask. Aloysius used to suck and sleep. At one point, he could only sleep when he’s sucking. Then one fine night, he decided that he could not sleep when latching on. Hahaha… He would not fall asleep after latching on even. So I decided to wean him off from there. I started with latching him on shorter and shorter to keep engorgement at bay :). During the first few days, I gotta wake up to carry and pat him back to sleep a few times in the night. It was rather tiring then, cos I used to just latch him on and both of us would fall back asleep. Luckily, from this week, he has been sleeping through the night without needing any night feeds :). I am glad that he has reached the stage of sleeping through the night. Nowadays, I do not need to carry and pat him already. I will put him on the bed and lie beside him to pat him. Aloysius loves the closeness to me. He will grab my clothes when he falls asleep. The next stage will be slowly “training” him to sleep in his cot through the night.

I started to re-introduce the Maths dots this week. Aloysius attention span has improved tremendously. These few days, I can show him at least 300 flashcards at one go. I dunno exactly how many. I just put them in a paper bag from Gucci. Kekeke… the paper bag size is just nice to fit in those A5 sized cards. I just need to carry the bag around. He loves the speed reading stories very much. He will go “ah ah ah” if I am too slow to change the category. Hahaha… mommy here pant pant… Yesterday, I showed him 100 – 0 dots, all at one go, after all the other flashcards, and he just looked through attentively. After that, I gave him problems solving. He gave me a very wide and beautiful smile when I asked him to choose. Hahaha… He’s so cute. I still remember from Glen Doman’s advice that I should stop before he wants to stop. So I stopped and he cried for more for a while. One thing is that he dun really like the “san zi jing” which I wrote on my own :( Maybe my writing is ugly. Hahaha… He prefers the printed ones.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this web site.
He was totally right. This post truly made my day.
You can not imagine just how much time I had
spent for this info! Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my homepage - SEO

Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home