Wednesday, August 16, 2006

2 weeks without a camera?!

I gonna be without my camera for two weeks! I lend my camera to my parents who went to the silkroute. Now waiting for them to come back. My sis's camera is too professional for me to learn. I missed my camera already. I wanna take photos of Aloysius. His hair is growing in patches... lol... It's due to the uneven shave he has got...

Last Sunday, we went back to my parents-in-laws place for dinner with Aloysius. I fed him when we reached. Therefore, he was a happy baby while there :) My MIL even washed the bedsheets clean, and prepared for Aloysius to be back! So nice... My MIL carried him while me and hubby ate our dinner. Good idea, eh! And my FIL talked and played with Aloysius. After dinner, we took a cab home :).


Motor and language skills stimulation:
I started the motor and language skills program seriously since last week. I recorded down and followed the recommended plan. However, I did not do everything daily, cos it's too much to do in a day. And the program is also weight training for me since Aloysius is getting heavier! I got sore muscles... Imagine having to lift up and down a bag of 5kg rice, or carry and trot around the house... So far, Aloysius can flip many times at one go! I was like "wow!"

He's starting to "sing" twinkle twinkle little star with me :) He will respond when we talked to him too :). He's starting to laugh and smile more now... On Sunday, my hubby was talking to him on the bed, saying "hello" to Aloysius. Everytime he said "hello", Aloysius will go "ah". lol... so cute... On Monday, my sis asked him to say "hello". He made a two syllable sound which sounded like "hello"! This morning, after feeding him on the bed, he gave me a very happy smile... I suddenly dun feel tired anymore to continue sleeping... hahaha...

Having read that we should read to babies. I started to read "san zi jing" more to him. I will recite the "san zi jing", read the explanation and the story behind it. Yesterday, the "san zi jing" booklet was not within my reach, so I read a couple of paragraphs to him from my "feng shui" magazine... hahaha... He fell asleep after that.


Flashcards:
I have already started the English words cards and the Maths dot cards program :) Today is Day 8 for the English program, and Day 3 for the Maths dot cards. I tried to flash 3 times a day, 3 sets of English cards, and 2 sets of dots cards. It's 9 sessions per day! I cannot achieve that. The most I did was 6 sessions per day. Each session is only 5 seconds, but gotta be at least 15 minutes apart.
Today, Aloysius doesn't seem to be interested in the words. I wonder if it's becos he's bored. hmm... maybe will try to change more new cards tomorrow :)