Sunday, November 12, 2006

3 more Shichida books!

hahaha... Maybe you will say that I am crazy over Shichida books now... I think maybe I am... I believe in the right brain training in babies and kids. Cos I believe in the power of our right brain - our subconscious mind.

I went to Bras Basah to help my friends to get the book by Shichida on speed reading. When I go for books shopping, I will tend to browse through many books.

In the end, to add to my collection, I bought 3 more books by Shichida for myself, and a book on healthy cooking.

One of the Shichida book is the new arrival which is about training our memory. I need that very much... lol... cos I am getting pretty forgetful. hmm... I think it's the results of undergoing too many general anaesthesia... I gotta "train" my memory back or to even a higher level. In the speed reading book, having good memory is also a key to speed reading using the right brain :).
The second book is about teaching kids to read, write, and count. I have browsed through the book briefly. It's about flashcards for reading and counting. Writing seems to start at 3 years old. A 6B pencil was recommended as a start.

The third book is about implementing Shichida's education method (qi1 tian2 shi4 jiao4 yu4 shi2 xian4 fa3). I have read through half of the book so far. It started with "tai1 jiao4" and about the mother's diet, and also the kid's diet. It seems like nutrition is very very important for the brain and eyes to grow very well. It's also one of the key to "tian1 cai2 er2 tong2". The mother and the kid should not eat food with processed salt and processed sugar. These will affect the brain's growth and ability. I am guilty of the processed sugar food during pregnancy, as I ate lots of cakes, breads, chocolates, etc :(. hmm... I hope my consumption of lots of Indinine and Vitality Plus will negate that effect :).

The book on healthy cooking is by "Ou1 Yang2 Ying1". It's about alternative health kind of cooking and food preparation. I browsed through the book, and is mainly interested in the diet during pregnancy, and how to replenish blood.

After getting these books, the book that I have ordered arrived. It's about the "most" healthy diet for health (Zhe4 yang4 chi1 zui4 jian4 kang1) by "Jiang1 Shu1 Hui4". It's quite an interesting read. I browsed through the book too.. The author is a doctor. She's a western doctor, then a TCM doctor, and now into alternative health.

This morning, I browsed through the book on "tian cai er tong" when I was tidying up my books. Shichida's point of view about learning a foreign language even though parents do no speak nor are familiar with the language. He stated that kids will be able to pick up the language even by listening to the CD of foreign language, or even write a story in the foreign language. When the kid reaches 3 years old, we can play the foreign language CD for half an hour a day when eating, and make it a habit. hmm... what about infants... Kids below 3 years old are not "supposed" to listen to too much "electronic voices", according to his book titled "ling2 shui4 jiao4 yu4 ji1 chu3". Even to listen to beautiful music, it gotta be limited to 15 - 30 minutes a day.


Flashcards Sesssions:

I have been trying to find out why Aloysius is not as interested as before during the flashcards sessions. hmm... seems like he does not like words. Now, I have been showing him more bits of intelligence cards. I used the cards from the encyclopedic set which I bought from GDbaby. He seems to love it.. He can take in 30 cards in one session. Then I used another sets of A5 images cards, I can flashed 40 cards in one session. I am doing flags of different countries. I was surprised... :) There's once, I just took out about 30 dot cards and flashed. He's still interested in the dots... :)



Ok, gotta stop here for today :) I am trying to summarise what I read from "ling2 shui4 jiao4 yu4 ji1 chu3" by Shichida. I haven't got much time though...

Later all...

One last thing is, we bought a new camera, and took some videos of Aloysius. He's crawling with his head buried in the bed, and with his two legs kicking. And he's jumping a lot now... Will try to figure out how to get video clips up here. Stay tuned... :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i just happen to surf across your blog - may i know where did u did those shichida books?

Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello,

I am from india and I need more information abt shichida method for my 2.5 months old son as I want to follow this for him.

There is not info available about this in india.

Are there any books available in english which I can follow?

Can you please email me more information?

Thanks.
Regards,
mandar

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can visit www.sgparenting.com for more Shichida info. Please do register!

Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It still that?

Friday, March 05, 2010 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Rainbow@6C said...

Hi,

Thank you for your sharing on the Shichida method.

Please kindly let me know the book stores' names or the level of Bras Basah I should go in getting those Shichida books. Have you come across them translated into simplified chinese?

May I know where you've ordered Jiang Shu Hui yi shi's books?

Thanks in advance =)

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:35:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience. Would you mind sharing which bookshop was it that you got your books? Or if you are willing to let go of your books for sale?
Can contact me at erppict@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home