Monday, November 06, 2006

Aloysius is 5 months old.


Aloysius is 5 months today :) So far, Aloysius has been a dear boy :) I thank him for being our child. His arrival has brought lots of happiness and joy for everyone in the family, and someone for us to care for and love. We are committed to care for him and provide him the best environment to grow up in. And not forgetting a gift that will last him a lifetime - learning opportunities.




hmm... talking about gift for our children... I have been thinking about it lately. My parents have the mentality that education is the greatest gift they can give their children. My parents had spent a lot of energy, efforts, and money on our education. I think it's true that education is the best gift. Different stages of education provides a different types of training. From my many years of education, I am confident that I can do better for the future generation. I really thank my parents for the gift they have given me...



Aloysius can crawl backwards now. He's trying to crawl forward. He can lift up his buttocks with his two legs and kick. He still cannot co-ordinate the buttocks lifting with his hands supporting his body. I think very soon, he will be able to do that. Now, he can only crawl forward with his buttocks up, legs kicking, and face and hand on the bed... hahaha... It's quite funny sometimes.

Last week, Aloysius had a slight fever for a day, plus diarrhoea for 3 days. After the fever, he had rashes all over his trunk and face. I am not sure what are the rashes. From alternative health, it could be his body doing some detox. He might be having a viral infection. It could be heat rash, cos when I switched on the aircondition for the whole day, his rashes were not so obvious. I did not bring him to the doctor, cos he's still actively playing, laughing and was sleeping well. If I did bring him to the doctor, I might not apply the gels or creams (worse if it's steroids) on him. I just feed him more Indinine, and wipe him with Kinertec V6 water a few times a day. He bathed in chlorine free water anyway, so one less thing to "troubleshoot". Today, he has recovered from the rashes. Amazingly, his skin is smoother than before. :)



Last Saturday, we brought Aloysius to the zoo after he woke up from his morning nap. By the time we reached the zoo after our lunch, he's already ready for his next nap.. hahaha... He just saw the Malayan Tapir, and he fell asleep for a good one hour. We went to see the feeding of the white tigers and the Pygmy Hippo with him still sleeping... We saw the babirusa, Emu, kangaroos, and baboons. Then we went for the elephants' show. Aloysius woke up then :) I think he had enjoyed watching the elephants spraying water from their trunks and the show... Then we re-traced our route back and showed Aloysius the swimming Pygmy Hippo, white tigers, and otters. Remembering what I had read in Shichida book, I keep talking and describing the animals that he looked at. Next time, when I have more energy, will read to him from the sign boards :).

Yesterday, after we attended a friend's baby's full month, we went to Northpoint for dinner and meet up with Aloysius' "ye-ye" and "nai-nai". He was very happy and keep laughing :) I guessed he must have made them very happy too. After dinner, we walked pass a roadshow by Canon and Harvey Norman. Me and hubby have been looking for a new digital camera. We finally bought an Ixus60, with a free battery and 2GB of memory cards. Yeah! More photos on the way... :) We also got a Canon rather compact photo printer.



Over the weekend, I was revising "how smart is your baby" book. I reckoned Aloysius is at the stage of appreciation of details already. It was stated that I can put away the checker boards for the next baby already... hahaha.. I haven't even finish making it! I was rather disappointed then. To make it more complete, I cut more shapes and pasted on the board to take a picture of my "work". To my surprise, he loves it! hahaha... I can leave the board a little while more to stimulate his eyesight :)

From the book, it's also stated that baby will be able to crawl at 3 months if the motor skills stimulation are done well... hmm... I think I haven't done much for his motor skills stimulation :(. I could have done more. It's like a gym workout to do the motor skills stimulation with him. It involves lots of hand muscles on my side. Great workout!


GD Flashcards program:

Aloysius is interested in the flashcards again :) Yeah! He seems to be most attentive at the flashcards at nite. However, I am worried that the yellow lighting is not good for his eyesight.. I am now doing 2 sets of English, 2 sets of Chinese, and random maths multiple steps equations, plus 10 bits of intelligence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home