Monday, October 09, 2006

Just a quick note.

I just took out a book from my books collection to browse through. This time, I took out the book on "Ru he pei yang tian cai er tong" by "qi tian zhen". Translated to English, the title will be "How to nurture genius kids", written by Makoto Shichida.

I was reading a chapter on the success of right brain training. There's an example of a mother who began flashing cards to the baby starting from 2 months old. The mother did "tai jiao" before the baby was born. Shichida reminded this mother when the baby was 4 months, that the idea of flashing cards to the baby is not for the baby to remember, but more for stimulating the brain from all these cards. If we flash the cards with the aim of letting the child remember, we might fall into the mistake of repeating the cards too many times. This will cause the child to dislike flashcards and hence look away during flashcards sessions. If this situation is repeated too many times, the child will lose his ability to concentrate. Once we recognise that the child is not interested in the cards, and cannot concentrate on the cards, the cards are too old already. Shichida recommends not to flash the same images for more than 3 times. In this example, when the kid was 6 months old, he has already seen 4,000 cards! hmm... How can I achieve that too?? I only have 2000+ cards now.

There's another out of the ordinary example quoted in the book. The parents will make 1,000 cards per month for the infant! Gosh! 1,000 cards per month! At 7 months, this baby know 1/2m is less than 60cm! Wow!

In this book, Shichida reminded the importance of good "tai jiao" during pregnancy. "Tai jiao" and the emotional control of the mother during pregnancy will affect baby's emotions control,and baby's acceptance to others. hmm... after reading this, I felt that I am very lucky :) And I should thank my husband. During my pregnancy, I did not write my thesis, cos the stress can get quite over whelming. My hubby just let me be and trusted me. I cannot imagine having to write my thesis during the pregnancy and having to soothe a crying Aloysius... Stress in the mother will cause emotional instability in the baby after his birth.

Ok, I gotta stop here... :) Later all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home