Tuesday, September 25, 2007


It has been some time since I blog. I have been tired and busy. I am getting breathless easily. I can even get breathless after chasing after Aloysius to wear his diaper. I hope he will be off the diapers soon. Any tips?

Aloysius has been “talking” even more now. We reckon, when he really starts the real talking, he will go on and on. Hahaha… Nowadays, he will “talk” to anyone when outside, or when someone is having a conversation or on the phone. I realized that he understands commands now. He actually knows the names of most of the things around him, just that he dunno how to say them out.

Yesterday, Aloysius wanted me to switch on his favourite Japanese music CD. I could not find the CD. Then I told him that I dunno where it was. I asked him to find it for me, else I could not play it for him. He knew where it was! He pointed to the gap underneath the DVD player and started to “talk” to me. I trusted him, so I lift up the player and there was his favourite CD. He was happy after I switched on the CD for him.

Aloysius loves grapes, prunes, dragonfruit, and apples now. His all time favourite is oatmeal! He will have oatmeal for breakfast everyday. Sometimes during the weekend, I will cook oatmeal for him for lunch and dinner too. I will add some blended black sesame seeds, walnut and almond to his oatmeal. It will have a nice, nutty flavour which he loves.

For books, he loves the book “I love you, Little Mouse” which we bought when we were in Perth. It’s a series of 3 books. They are very nice books which I love too. It’s about love and growing up. I will put this book on the bed. Whenever I ask “Where is I love you, Little Mouse?”, he will certainly climb up the bed and take out the book to flip. I used to read to him at bedtime, but now, I can only let him flip to whichever page he likes and read. He knows where are the bees and the butterflies. I will tell him the names of the animals in the book. Another series of books which he loves are the first books by Eric Carle. There are 4 books and they are in a box. He will try to take them all out and start to flip them. Sometimes, as he flips, I will read to him what he’s looking at. After all the flipping, he will try to put the books back into the box properly. These are the books for the bedroom. There’s a small little board book which he will flip and point during his meal times. He will point and will want us to read the single words to him. Usually, he will flip to the page with fan first, cos it’s his favourite object.

He will ask me for his flashcards everyday now. I am glad that he loves the flashcards. Sometimes, I find it difficult to keep up with his pace. I gotta work harder on that to keep up. Sometimes, when I get breathless and tired, I dun have the energy to do the flashcards sessions for him :( But I will still try to have at least one session of at least 500 cards a day.

Today, it’s the first time he did not really enjoy the music session at JG. He was very sticky to me and wanted me to hug him. Before that, during the playground time, he refused to return a bunch of toy grapes. The teacher snatched it from him. He was not happy about that. Maybe that’s why he was not happy even during music time. I hope he will return the toys on his own next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger mom2mandy&shannon said...

hi lyn

I hv not started reading the books u gave to Mandy yet. been sitting on the shelve. hehehe.. will bring them out this weekend. :P

Friday, October 05, 2007 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Happy Sunflower said...

Dora,
The books are very nice and quality very good too. My favourite so far. And of course, Aloysius' favourite now. I like those love kind of stories.

Friday, October 05, 2007 7:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home