Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Breast feeding in Singapore.

So far, I have been going out with Aloysius quite often to meet my friends and also shopping. I have used the nursing room or family room at several shopping malls. The one that I like most is at Suntec, Kidzmall. In the family room, there are 4 changing stations, and two room for nursing in private. Inside the nursing room, there's a wash hand basin and a sofa. It's big enough for my stroller to go in too :).

I have used the nursing rooms at Takashimaya, Centerpoint, Marina Square, Paragon too. The one at Takashimaya is at level 3, at the kids' section. It was very crowded indeed. The nursing area can accommodate 4 nursing mothers in an area blocked off by a curtain. Not very private though...

The family room at Centerpoint is at level 3, near where the saloons are. It's quite secluded, and there are a few changing tables in there. The nursing area can only accommodate 4 nursing mothes at one time too. hmm... So far, this is the worst that I have been, cos the family room smell...

As for the ones at Marina Square, there are sevaral family room around the mall. It's for individual use, hence privacy. There's a mirror, wash hand basin, changing table and a sofa for two inside. The rooms are a little bit small, just enough for the stroller to get in. However, the family rooms are too near the toilets, and it can smell of toilets...

The family rooms in Paragon are at level 3 and level 5, near to Metro. It looks newly renovated and is quite nice. There's a changing table, wash hand basin, hot and cold water. The nursing room is separated with a door. There will be privacy for breast feeding here :). So far, this family room is the second best that I like.

==================================================================

Slimming after pregnancy:

Recently, I have been going out and meeting my friends to catch up. Many of them commented that I have slimmed down very fast. hmm... I am not too sure... You judge for yourself ok?
I can wear my pre-pregnancy top and skirt, but a bit tight, when I went for my first check-up at my gynae after my discharged from hospital. That was 4 weeks after delivery. And I could wear my pre-pregnancy tops, jeans, skirts, dresses at 2 months after my delivery. Do you think this is fast??

If it is, I think it must be the many Indinine that I took immediately after delivery. A few days before my scheduled delivery, I met Yanni who had given birth to her second son in May06, by C-section too. She slimmed down to her pre-pregnancy size in one month! I asked her what's her secret recipe. She shared with me that Indinine does help a lot. She took 2 Indinine per hour for 24 hours immediately after her delivery this time. It's much more than her previous delivery. I was like "wow"!

After hearing her story, I decided to take 1 Indinine per hour, hoping to save some $$$. hahaha... Well, when I was in a lot of pain after the surgery, my hubby fed me 2 Indinine per hour for the first 12 hours, then 1 Indinine per hour for the next 12 hours. Then 1 Indinine every 2 hours for the next 48 hours. After the 3 days of high dosage of Indinine (1.5 box in 3 days, which is equivalent to $400+), I resumed my 2 Indinine per day. At that point in time, I was just hoping that I am pain-free. You know, the excruciating pain after surgery is not a joke! If you have read my previous posts, you would have known that morphine cannot let me be pain-free anymore, cos I am immuned to painkillers already. My anaesthetist thought that I was a drug addict before... hahaha.. He even told me I might need to take heroine in future surgery! ***faintz*** After being on morphine for 12 hours, surprisingly, I did not need anymore painkiller! The nurses keep asking me if I want oral painkiller, but I was not in much pain to need painkiller! I think if I took the painkiller, my "addiction" to painkiller will worsen. And worse if my liver gets affected in the long run... What would my expenditure in medical fees be if that happens? Do you think it's worth it? Well, I think it is...

hmm... maybe if you are going for c-section or any surgery, and do not want too much post-surgery pain, you can consider taking some Indinine.
If you want to slim down fast after delivery, you can consider Indinine. The high dosage that I took is cheaper than going to slimming centers! And by the way, I did not engage in any post-natal massage...
Wanna find out more about Indinine? Email to indinine@gmail.com.

Pssst... My weight now is less than when I had my wedding, and when I exercised a lot in the past :). Amazing??? I dunno... You judge for yourself... I think it's incredible, cos I have been named "fat" since kindergarten... lol... Even the "pui mooi" (fat gal) like me can slim down soon after giving birth, so can you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home