Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Toys for Aloysius.

Last nite, I was tidying up my collection of books. I flipped through a new book by Prof. Makoto Shichida which I have bought and have not read. This is a book which the lady in the shop where I usually buy my books there reserved for me. And I was deciding whether to buy that book. I bought it when she told me that this book is very popular, and it will be snatched up once she put it on the shelf. Hahaha… the kiasu me, just bought the book becos it’s popular. Hmm… the book gotta be good to be popular rite? I opened the page randomly to browse. The first thing I saw is a bold heading saying that we should not give kids too many toys! ***faintz*** Aloysius has many toys and we are still buying. It’s kinda telling us to stop buying toys. Hahaha… I was curious on the reason and read on. The rationale of not having too many toys is to nurture concentration and creativity. Let the child play with the same toy again and again. A toy can be played in many ways. This will nurture the creativity. These are very important skills for learning. Hmm… Shall I keep most of his toys? Good reason to tidy up the toys, eh? Aloysius still have many new toys in the storeroom though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home