Monday, August 28, 2006

Aloysius is 12 weeks old!

Hello blogger...

I am writing this while eating my lunch :) What's for lunch today? hmm... it's salad with iceberg lettuce, red capsicum, green capsicum, carrots, celery, raisins, and almond slices...

Aloysius is 12 weeks old today :) So far, he's been a very good boy. This morning, when he woke up, I showed him the flashcards, bathed him, massaged him with his baby lotion, fed him and put him down on the bed...

hmm... what shall I write now... Let me write about last weekend :)

On Saturday, hubby and I went for a workshop at GDBaby with Aloysius on how to do flashcards as a beginner. It was an informative and useful workshop. There are 4 other couples in the workshop too... Aloysius is the youngest... lol... and the oldest is 30 months. Lawrence shared some useful tips about starting flashcards with kids of different ages. For older kids that can already talk, gotta start with the more difficult words to keep them interested to look at the flashcards. Lawrence told the parents with the 30 months old gal that she will be able to read independently within a year if they follow the program.

From the video, Janet recommended that we make the flashcards more interesting by doing them in the kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, etc. hmm... I asked Lawrence if it's required. He said it's fine if parents prefer to have flashcards sessions at a particular place. hmm... I am thinking it will be a bit difficult for me practically with the different categories of cards everywhere the house... I prefer neatness... lol... We were taught how to hold and flash the cards for different sizes.

Lawrence told us some interesting stories that he came across. There's a baby who can crawl at 8 weeks! And that's the 4th kid of a mother who has been following Glen Doman since her first son. Her eldest son is now in the gifted program. Lawrence did mention about baby's brain development and nutrition. It's very important for babies to have enough nutrition in order for their brain to develop well.

hmm... I already read about the importance of good nutrition from the books by Shichida. Hence, I am very particular about Aloysius' nutrition since my pregnancy :). Nowadays, when we think we had enough nutrients from the food that we eat, is that really the case?? Is there a possibility that nutrients is lost during the freight/shipping to Singapore? Is there a possibility that nutrients is lost through handling?? What about the nutrients loss from washing and cooking?? hmm... I am more "kiasu" than many other mothers. Hence, I make sure Aloysius has enough nutrition by me taking in organic food supplements and feeding him with that since birth :). In the market, there are very few supplements that are suitable for babies as young as 2 days old... Well, the ones that I feed Aloysius with are suitable :) If you wanna find out and know more about the supplements, you can email to indinine@gmail.com. Sorry it's too long to elaborate here... :)

Another very interesting and out of the ordinary story is a kid whose parents do not have to teach him. The 4 grandparents will take turn to teach the only grandson. Each grandparent will take either chinese, malay, english or maths... I was like "wow"!

Lawrence tested Aloysius' vision. He was surprised that Aloysius has very good vision :). He just move his hand left and right, and Aloysius' eyes followed his hand movement. hmm... maybe it's due to all the visual stimulation that I gave him ever since he first came home from the hospital. I started him off with the checker boards, then the visual cards consistently everyday. From the book, it was recommended to show baby the visual cards 10 times a day, but it's not easy to achieve that, I find. So I just show the visual cards as many times a day as I can achieve :). So far, Aloysius is still interested in the visual cards. I also thought Aloysius already can see quite far and very well since 8 weeks old. Cos his eyes followed my hubby when he moved left and right. Since last week, he can see his visual cards more than 3 meters away...

Ok, I think I better sum up... I gotta do my work already... From the workshop, I realised a mistake while doing the flashcards to Aloysius. I gotta be very consistent with the Maths program. It's a must to do it consistently everyday. For the English cards, it's fine to have a little break, but not for Maths. I need not shuffle the dot cards between the two sets for every sessions.

Oh yes, yesterday, my hubby and I brought Aloysius to support my sis in the marathon. After that, we went for breakfast. During our breakfast, Aloysius was a very good boy. He slept through in his stroller :) He woke up cos it was too hot and stuffy as the air-condition of the restaurant broke down... When we reached home, my parents in laws came soon after. They carried and played with Aloysius whenever he woke up :). This leave me and my hubby to have some rest :) My parents came in the evening. All of us went for dinner at Upper Thomson Road. Aloysius was a good boy again... He slept in the stroller throughout our dinner. He woke up when we had finished our dinner and ready to go home :).

Lastly, I will be attending another workshop for the Glen Doman program again in two weeks' time for the next stage :) I am waiting for a "schedule" in powerpoint and excel for the beginner program to follow :)

Ok... really gotta stop writing already :)


Later all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home