Friday, December 01, 2006

Aloysius' growing up :)


Today, there's more exciting things introduced to Aloysius. I started to feed Aloysius with boiled pumpkin with some breast milk :). He enjoyed his feed though. I searched through the storeroom for a plastic spoon and bowl. And not forgetting the rubbery bib from Aprica too :) He was very cute during the feed. He will lean forward and try to hold my mum's hand to feed himself. I fed him three 1cm cubes of pumpkin. He ate about two-third and was full...




I have decided to start feeding him with diluted carrot juice, and steam fruits and vegetables such as pumpkin, local sweet potato, carrots, apples, bananas, etc. At the later stage will be blended brown rice and oatmeal.

Today, I also found an Avent sippy cup in the storeroom to feed him some water :) He drank 60ml of water from that! Yeah... Water feeding gonna be easier now, since he knows how to suck from the sippy cup. I might wanna feed him milk in sippy cup too, cos I read that teat will affect speech development. Shichida recommends by 8 months, baby should not be drinking from milk bottles. I haven't seen babies around me being weaned off the milk bottles at such a young age. hmm... let me try and see if it will work :)

Aloysius can crawl quite a distance now. However, we need to get some toys near enough for a couple of kicks, then he will go for it. If the toy is too far, he will rather find something nearer to crawl to... This morning, I gave him a toy. He played with it, and it rolled forward. He crawled forward to get it again. Then he dropped it again forward, and he crawled again... hahaha... Very nice to "self-entertain" himself for quite a while and crawling on the floor. He has been trying to lift himself on his hands and legs. So far, he has been successful for only a few seconds. He's building up his strength :). And also building up his strength to stand up on his own from sitting position.



Aloysius also knows which is his right hand and left hand :). He wanted my sis to carry him yesterday. My sis asked him to give her his left hand, then his right hand. He seems to know which is which! I was surprised. This morning, I also did that... He gave me his right and left hand accordingly :) hmm... now, I am slowly seeing some small "results". Since birth, I have been telling him his left and right hands, legs, ears, eyes, shoulders, etc. during bathing times, breast feeding time, diaper changing time... hee... I read these tips from one of Shichida books, so I just followed :)

His doting daddy bought him two sets of "Thomas and friends" rail and road sets. We had put the smaller set togather and he enjoyed watching the trains go round and round the tracks :) Sometimes, he will wanna touch the moving trains. He also has a bigger "Percy" and loves it now. We also got him 6 story books from the "Thomas and friends" series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home