Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My "pai du" day & "The infant brain" book.

hmm.. Today is my "pai du" day ah... I started to eat fibre plus pro twice a day again. I think I must have eaten too much cookies and "toxic" food for the past few months. I went to the toilet to do big business 3 times today. Mind you, it's not diarrhoea hor.. kekeke... cos I dun eat lots of seafood :P

I want to mentally "pai du" ! Hope I can achieve that after a seminar called "power of visualisation" in 2 weeks' time. I am bringing Aloysius with me too :) If you are interested, email to me then.


Anyway, I managed to browse through "The Infant Brain" book that I received from the sinsei during the last Shichida lesson. At one section, it was stated that during breastfeeding, if I eat lots of meat, eggs, and dairy food, my breasts will tend to get engorged and the breast milk will have a smell and taste that babies dislike. hmm... I do take some meat (mainly pork), and lots of brown rice and vegetables. It is stated that a diet of brown rice and vegetables produces milk of good quality that will allow babies to nurse happily. hmm... No wonder Aloysius refused to get wean off from my breasts... hahaha... I remember that someone told me that frozen breast milk will have a fishy smell. Well, my frozen breast milk does not smell fishy though :).

Oops... toilet training gotta start from 3-4 months. After this stage, it will be difficult. hmm... Aloysius is "trained" to pass motion in his diapers :(. He cried when he wanted to pass motion and when his diaper was removed. However, my mum managed to catch a small little dot of faeces this afternoon in his "Mr Potty".

From 5 to 7 months, we should talk to baby actively and let other people outside the family to talk to him and hold him. So far, we have been doing this :). Aloysius seems to be very attractive. Many people, including strangers seem to like to carry him, talk to him and play with him - in WBG, at shopping centers, at bus-stops, on MRT, at supermarkets. I just hope the stranger dun allow Aloysius to put their finger into his mouth...

hahaha.. I am reading something funny here. By the way, I am typing and reading the booklet :). From 8 to 9 months old babies will cry hard, stop suddenly, and start crying again. Aloysius has been doing this! Guess what it is? hahaha... He's experimenting with the sound of his own cries! Ok, I shall not pick him up next time when he does this to avoid spoiling him. hahaha...

Oh, from 9 to 10 months, the baby's diet should resemble that of adults. hmm... ***scratch *** scratch***

From 11 to 12 months, the baby should be able to chew, and chewing is important for clear vocalisation. Baby who can chew well can move his tongue well :). How to encourage chewing? Aloysius likes to chew papers though. hahaha... For speech development, the strong muscles of the upper body are also very important. Maybe that's why brachiation is important in GD. I wanna buy the "How to teach your baby physically superb" book. Any good book offers around? Please let me know.

It is stated not to give babies too much sugar. Diets high in meat, eggs, dairy, processed food, artificial fruit drinks, can cause a child to become rebellious, hyper-active, prone to sickness, and intellectually backward. hmm... I hope I can achieve a diet of lots of vegetables till Aloysius is 3 years old. But the parents gotta change first for it to be a success. No cakes, breads, cookies, chocolates, ice-cream for me soon... And these are my favourites. I dun eat titbits and sweets anymore, so that's not a challenge, but I still love cakes. How ah? Gotta give away all those Bengawan solo vouchers I received for full months already. hee... sometimes I wish I dun get more Bengawan solo vouchers... it's too much cake already cos my hubby will receive almost every month, sometimes a few per month! :P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I saw your website through google when I search on Shichida. Do you by any chance have a copy of that "the infant brain" book? I would be interested in it. Thanks! my email address is: jobs4wil@yahoo.com

Thursday, March 08, 2007 5:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home