Friday, January 19, 2007

Aloysius' weaning process (1).

During the Shichida's method parents' class last Wednesday, it was mentioned that there will be a seminar soon for kids' diet. I am eagerly waiting for it :). But dunno if it will be the same as Shichida's recommendation, or changed to adapt the general public in Singapore. From his books, I think he's towards a holistic diet, more on a vegetarian diet. hmm... Perhaps one of these days, I will have to get to Bras Basah again to get his book on diet. During the seminar, it was mentioned that baby should drink lots of water, and eat 5 colours of vegetables. hmm... sounds like what I have read and practicing on myself most of the times. And also high vitamins fruits like strawberry, grapefruit, kiwi, guava, grapes :).


So far, I have only introduced fruits and vegetables to Aloysius. From alternative health point of view, fruits and vegetables can be digested easily. Hence, in view of the developing digestive system of Aloysius, I decided to only give him fruits and vegetables. As for brown rice cereal, some say it can be the first weaning food, some say it cannot be easily digested. Therefore, I have not introduced brown rice cereal. I read that the food that we feed young babies during weaning will affect their digestive system when they grow up. It's kinda like a long term effect which will stay with them throughout their life. Hence, I am careful on what Aloysius eats now.

He had tasted watermelon, pear, fuji apples, sharon fruit, bananas, papaya, guava. He can bite off a small piece with his strong jaws and sharp tooth.

Aloysius only have puree food meal once a day. I will be starting him on puree food meal for twice a day soon. For vegetables, he ate sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, carrots, avocado, zucchini, spinach. Potato will be the filler for his meal, with added one type of vegetables nowadays. He has enjoyed potato with avocado (mash), potato with spinach (mash), spinach with zucchini (blend). I have tried giving him broccoli, but havent been successful cos I did not use the blender. Probably will try broccoli and cauliflower next :) These are nutritious vegetables.

When we went to Bintan earlier, I also gave him some jar food from "Organic baby", namely peas, winter squash, oat and prune, spinach and carrots. And he enjoyed them very much. He can finish one jar in a meal.

hmm... and he had a taste of bread :(. Thanks to a friend who fed him with bread before asking me. I am guilty for not being vigilant too... If you do read about alternative health, you will know about why bread is not good. Bread will cause "havoc" in adults' digestive system. It can be worse in babies whose digestive systems are still developing. Logical rite? :)

Aloysius is not drinking a lot of milk now. I am a bit worried that he will be under-mourished. And he seems to have lost weight. He can creep everywhere around the house for 3 hours non-stop! Hence, I will add in vitality plus in his food. And feed him Indinine more often, mainly for the DHA for his brain development.

I gave him oatmeal with avocado once. I got to know that oatmeal contain gluten, and gluten might damage baby's delicate gut lining. Hence, I will stop oatmeal till he's about 10 months. Luckily I have not given him the "organic" teething biscuits cos it contains gluten.

I went to MPH yesterday and browsed through a book by Dr. Bernard Jensen. He's the father of alternative health in America. It was mentioned that young kids will need green vegetables with lots of iron after 6 months, when their iron store is getting insufficient. He suggested to add juice from alfafa, broccoli, or spinach into baby's food. hmm... I think vitality plus should be enough cos it's very green... kekeke... ;) Vitality plus is an organic whole food with high iron and calcium, which I think is needed for growing Aloysius :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home