Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Aloysius at 6 months and 1 week old.

It's avocado week for Aloysius :) He does not seem to like mashed potato though. Last Sunday, when I was feeding him with the mashed potato, he cried. He wanted to latch on. In the end, there was a mess for me to clean. The sofa, his legs, hands, chair, floor, and my face, all have potato... How I got this mess??? Well, when I fed him, he dun wanna swallow, and he blew out whatever is in his mouth... To take it positively, this stage will pass soon...

Aloysius can crawl pretty fast now. hmm... this reminds me to capture it in video :) He's now crawling with only his left hand to pull, and right leg to kick. His right hand will be supporting his body up. The ideal crawling will be cross pattern. I have no idea how to correct that though... ***scratch *** scratch*** He will zoom around in the living and dining room. He's now a little explorer. Usually, he will play with his wobbly roller toy. It will accidentally roll a bit further and he will "chase" after it. It has a round top which Aloysius loves to taste. This toy is really good to encourage him to crawl. Sometimes, he will play with his "Percy" train too. The train can also move easily. And hence, making him chase after the train too. I will put several toys spread out around the living room, so that he will not be bored. He can crawl to whichever toy he fancy at any moment in time. These will keep him busy for a while.

Yesterday, he crawled under his high-chair and was so happy. He smiled at my mum. It seems like an achievement to him. He is starting to move things now. hmm... Gotta keep all the dangerous articles from his reach already. He also tried to open the hanging cupboard. I guess very soon, he will be tearing the old newspapers in there.

Aloysius can also stand from sitting position with support. He has been practising that during his bathing time for a few weeks. He's not very skilful in that yet. Someone gotta be around when he does that, cos he will fall forward.

I dunno if he's teething or whether it's a growth spurt going on. He has been waking up every few hours at nite for milk. When I tried not to feed him, he will cry even louder. I thought he wanna suck for comfort, but it does not seem like it. He really suck and drink milk. I cannot bear to wean him off the breast now :( If I really want him to sleep through the nite, I can follow Shichida's method and practice the 5 minute suggestion thing. Just talk to baby repeatedly what you wanna change just before he's sleeping or when he just slept.

5 min suggestion for sleeping:

My friend shared with me regarding the 5 minute suggestion for her kid to sleep through the nite.

"Aloysius, Aloysius, you are a very good boy. Mommy and daddy need to rest at nite. You are an understanding boy. You can sleep through the nite. Mommy and daddy love you."

She asked me to repeat these for 5 minutes. hmm... On one side, I want Aloysius to sleep through the nite. On the other side, I dun mind him waking up at nite for feed cos he need to drink more milk to grow. Maybe it's the two-sided me that I have not been successful in that. And I did not tell him these daily :P. Maybe it's because of my mindset that it still haven't work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home