Saturday, December 22, 2007

Falling in love with Aloysius again.



Aloysius is getting very adorable lately. He knows how to follow instructions and is starting to speak more words, depending on his mood. He can pronounce his name, Yang Zheng Yu, very accurately. My dad showed him his photo on the mobile phone, and he went “Yang Zheng Yu”. He knows how to address everyone in the family now, but that gotta highly depend on his mood.

He enjoys pointing at the pictures of his books for me to tell him what it’s called. He has “upgraded” his “I love you, Little Mouse” book to “Thank you, Little Mouse”, and “Good night, Little Mouse”. Sometimes I will ask him where is butterfly, spider, snail, bee, cherry, strawberry, blackberry, apple, pumpkin, etc, etc. He will point them to me :). These are the outputs I am getting from him. He prefers me to read them in English. Sometimes, when I read in Mandarin, he will “protest”.

For his language development, there’s some improvement. He’s getting less frustrated now as compared to last month. He used to cry and whine when he wanted something last month. I constantly told him that he gotta say it out what he wanted, and crying will not make mommy understand him. He can express what he want better, or rather I can understand him. Hahaha… I am hoping to increase his language ability before he turns 2. Anybody has any suggestion what I can do? I revised Shichida’s book <<零岁教育基础>> that the “terrible two” stage can be avoided or a breeze when the child has good linguistic and motor skills. From 2 to 2 and half years old, they are at the stage when they have strong sense of what they want and exploration. They will become frustrated and have a feeling of failure if their need for exploration and understanding are not satisfied. According to Jane, his teacher at Shichida Method, to improve language skills, we gotta do more flashcards and speed reading. Hmm… I thought I have been doing lots of them. Maybe it’s time to review what improvements I need to make.

A few days ago, he threw everything on the coffee table to the floor, and climbed up the coffee table. Then he started to “talk” for quite a while. Hahaha… dunno where did he learn that from. The night before, I brought him for a seminar. I wonder if he’s imitating the speaker speaking. Sometimes, he will be making some noises while playing with his toys or reading his books. I still haven’t decipher whether he’s reading or he’s singing. Sometimes, it can get quite high pitch.

Sometimes, dunno whether to get angry with him with the things Aloysius explores. A few days ago, he climbed up the toilet bowl, cleared the shelves for me. I wonder when he’s going to stop the test of gravity. Hahaha…

Nowadays, I will give him some fruits in the morning. He will sit in his high chair and self feed the fruits with a fork. For now, he loves pear, dragonfruit, mango, jackfruit. He still loves his oatmeal. I usually add black sesame seeds and lecithin, and sometimes wheatgerm into his oatmeal. He loves carrot and apple juice too. He prefers to eat plain white rice with sweet potato too. Because of his love for just plain white rice, I have started to give him vegetable juices. I have started with adding broccoli, celery, beetroot so far. Hmm… maybe cabbage juice next. And also for myself :).

I am hoping to cultivate his love for reading. He will sit on the floor and flip his favourite books. When he needs me to read to him, he will bring the book to where I am and sit on the floor with the book. Sometimes, I felt that I do not have enough time to read to him. I am trying to sit with him and play his toys with him whenever I can.

He still loves his flashcards sessions. He will clap whenever I asked him to clap when I am changing the categories of cards. However, after the flashcards sessions, he always wants to play with my stack of cards. He will take a few cards and flip them and speak in his “language”, as if flashing the cards to me. Hahaha…

When I am typing this, Aloysius is wiping the floor! Hahaha… He took a cloth to wipe the floor on all fours. Then wipe the coffee table with the cloth. Then “dry” the cloth on the table after wiping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home