Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Today, I lost my patience towards Aloysius. I am so tired and frustrated. He went diaperless today. I was very upset how come he just wanna urine on the floor. And play with his urine. Worse is putting his books on the urine.

I hid in the room and read the potty training book. I am desperate that he's potty trained. I had started this potty training journey since he was 13 months old. I wondered what had I done not so right. In one of the chapters, I gotta let him know that I am upset when he has accidents. I gotta teach him that urinating and poo-ing in his shorts is dirty. Hmm… it’s the opposite of what I have been doing. Perhaps, I gotta change to this style. I gotta change him immediately after he urines or poo, even though he does not want to get washed and changed. This is to get him used to the feeling of cleanliness and dryness. It sounds logical. What I have been doing was keep “persuading” him or get him interested to go to the bathroom to get washed. It’s rather energy draining for me. On the positive side, I do have some successes with potty training. T. Harv Eker said we need to appreciate and count our successes rite? Ok… Aloysius is interested in stickers. Sometimes when he will sit on the potty for a sticker. And another sticker for doing his “business” there.

I was reading a chapter on potty training from infant stage. I gotta start potty training for my gals already! Gulp! Think I gotta get mysellf mentally prepared for the mess. It was suggested to let them go diaperless too. And identify the cries or cues from the infant before urinating or poo-ing. When they urine or poo, I gotta give a cue. Not before nor after. After a few weeks, they will urine or poo on cue already. By 1 year old, they will be able to control their spinchter and go diaperless. hmm... I am thinking maybe a cloth nappy will do the job too. But I am worried about the soiled mattresses. Any ideas how to prevent soiled mattress?

An interesting website on infant potty training: http://timl.com/ipt/

3 Comments:

Blogger nutcase said...

how abt mattress protector?

Monday, May 19, 2008 1:39:00 AM  
Blogger nutcase said...

how abt mattress protector?

Monday, May 19, 2008 1:43:00 AM  
Blogger Happy Sunflower said...

hmm.. the mattress protector is not really enough to absorb all the urine. The mattress will still get wet and stained...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home