Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My A, B, C :)

I finally got some time now. Aloysius is in JB with my parents. I am home alone with the two gals. And they are sleeping now. Things are getting better and better by the days :) The first two nights home from hospital was very stressful and tiring. Luckily, Aloysius was in JB then. Really thank my parents for bringing Aloysius back to JB. For some reasons, the gals could not sleep and we did not know what they needed. They just kept crying the whole night. For a while, I thought, was it because I had done something not so right during pregnancy. I told myself that situation will get better and better. I also apologized to the gals if I had hurt their feelings and causing insecurity in them while they were in my tummy. Prof Shichida states in his book that babies who cry for no reason at night are insecured and emotionally hurt during pregnancy. To “cure” this, I gotta apologise and hug them. So, I did. Luckily things got better on the third day when Aloysius came back. The gals finally started to sleep soundly at night, and only waking up for feeds. On the first nite with 2 babies and a toddler in the room, it was a bit challenging. When the babies cry, Aloysius woke up as well. After a couple of days, things settled down again. We can sleep peacefully at night again :) My hubby and I tried looking after 3 for a day on our own. It was good :). My hubby still could manage to clear the storeroom. Phew…

Aloysius was a very happy boy ever since we came back from hospital with his two sisters :). Till today, he’s still a very happy boy. He will explore whatever he wants, except his toys. Hahaha… He loves the kitchen and my wardrobe. Nowadays, he will go to the bookshelf to take out some books to flip too :) I felt guilty at times cos I have not got the energy to read properly to him for a few weeks already. I started with his flashcards already. I did flashcards sessions 3 times last week. I will have to change some of the speed reading cards and the categories before showing them to him again. My hubby bought him a set of 28 pieces puzzles. He’s enjoying the puzzles too :) Recently, he got bored of his little touch leappad already. Perhaps, time to open up more leappad stories for him.

The gals are doing very well. I am very happy about that. They were classified as “a little premature” by the PD. They are jaundiced free, which I am very proud of :). The nurse at the hospital told me all babies will get jaundice and it’s normal. Hmm… It’s more like “it’s common” than “it’s normal”. Jaundice in babies is not very common last time. It’s another long story what I do to get them to be jaundice free. They are growing very well, and drinking well too. So far, no vomiting at all after milk feeds. I am 100% breastfeeding them and I latch on. I seldom burp them also cos I think latch on should not cause a lot of wind, and not much time to burp also.

At 3 weeks’ old, both Bernice and Charlene can flip from tummy to back. They can turn their head left and right while sleeping on their tummy. And they are crawling too! The distance that they can crawl is getting longer by the days. It’s unbelievable!

Another unbelievable thing which I do not know whether to believe or not. Charlene can see outline at about 10 days old! My BIL carried her and move his head left and right. He reported that Charlene’s eyes followed his head left and right. Wow! Bernice can see outline at 3 weeks’ old. I moved my hand in front of her. She moved her eyes to follow my hand. They have been looking at the checker boards during their waking hours since they got home from the hospital. Hmm... According to Glen Doman, the eye sight grows by use. The brain also grows by use. Perhaps the checker boards did help. They love to stare at the checker boards though. I will be starting with the solid shapes soon. Need to spend some time to dig them out from the storeroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home