Monday, April 21, 2008

How are we coping?

Hello bloggers,

Maybe you are wondering how are we coping with the 2 gals and Aloysius. Well, so far so good. Things got better with the kids. The gals will usually drink milk and sleep most of the times. Over these few days, both of them wanna be carried for a while in the evening. I have started some of the balance activities from Glen Doman program from "How smart is your baby", whenever there's opportunity and I have the time.

I had a few hours taste of home alone with 2 babies and 1 toddler last nite! I also had a taste of comforting 3 of them, all at the same time. Imagine having to feed both Bernice and Charlene at the same time, and patting Aloysius to sleep. Phew... Too bad, my hubby was in a bad mood, and all 3 cried togather. My hubby was tired after looking after Aloysius for the day, hence in a very bad mood when Aloysius started to cry for no apparent reason. Aloysius seems to be at a stage of when he cries, he will cry as loud as possible. hmm... Probably will try to "correct" that behaviour. Will have to read up on that. I guess it's partly attention seeking too. It was the first time he's crying for "no reason". I suddenly felt like I do not understand him. Nevertheless, I stayed calm and looked at him when he cried till he stopped. After he stopped, he lay down beside me and slept. Could it be because he's tired too? Dr. Sears mentioned some where in his "The good behaviour book" that the worst time and most ill-discipline time is when the parents are tired. hmm... quite true to a large extent.

If it's not attention seeking, it's could be that he has superb ESP. At that moment, I received a phone call from my sister that the hospital called that my dad could not breath. My sis told me that my dad was gasping for oxygen, shivering and sweating all over :( Aloysius is pretty close to my mom and my dad. Perhaps, he could sense something there. At one point before he fell asleep, he told me "por por" :( I could only tell him that "por por" is in JB, looking after "gong gong".

This morning, I am going to be home alone with my A, B, C again till my MIL comes in the afternoon. Fingers and toes crossed that I will make it, ya? :) I am imagining that I should make it. B and C usually sleep a lot in the morning. I will just boil lotus root soup for mine and Aloysius' lunch. If I have some time, probably I will stir fry some vegetable for both of us. hmm... should I let Aloysius self-feed? Perhaps... I am afraid of the mess though. However, he gotta start learning how to self-feed. The more he practice, the more perfect he will get. It gotta start somewhere. I just read from Shichida's book that self-feeding and discipline during feeding is a start to independence and discipline in future.

Okie dokie, I better go and rest more now. Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home