Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bernice and Charlene are 1 month old!

We celebrated Bernice’s and Charlene’s full month yesterday afternoon. We did not invite many people as compared to Aloysius’ full month celebration. It was very tiring when we had Aloysius’ full month celebration, so we decided not to invite too many. We ordered the buffet from Purple Sage. The table set-up was ready at 10am. And the food was ready by 10.30am. We did not take many photos though. The moments will be remembered in our heart :). Just like what Harv Eker mentioned. He shared with us a story on how he missed the precious moments of his daughter’s graduation ceremony when he was busy capturing the event with a video camera. Hmm… It’s quite true, I feel. Sometimes, when Aloysius was in a very happy mood and kept smiling, singing and dancing, when I took out the camera, the happiness is kinda broken. I do not know if it feels the same to you…

When we were busy preparing, our neighbour gave Aloysius a piece of chocolate :(. It’s quite sweet. My sister put it into her mouth when she saw. Hahaha… He had a small bite of the chocolate though. I do not want him to have food with sugar and preservatives. At least my sis now understands why I do not like him to be fed food with high sugar and preservatives. She’s a graduate in psychology and she’s quite particular of childhood learning abilities. Then at the buffet, to my dismay, he was fed with cakes and ribena behind my back :(. I already closed one eye when he was fed with the cake. I started to feel very angry. I told them not to feed him ribena, but they continued when I walked away. Why do they wanna do that? They knew very well that I do not want Aloysius to drink anything with sugar. Turned Aloysius to face the wall and feed? Am I dumb? The function room is small, and I could still see, and I am not dumb. Haiz… I suddenly felt very sad why I cannot take good care of Aloysius anymore :(. I felt so helpless and at the same time, tired. I am hoping things will get better when the maid arrives. I want to take good care of my ABC myself, at least in their first 3 years. The first 3 years is very critical in their development. I do not think I can trust the doting grandparents. I want my kids to be close to their grandparents, but their love for them will just make them do things that will make me angry. How? We have different opinions in child raising and their diet. I do not believe in sweets, canned drinks, packet drinks, Ribena, processed food, titbits for my kids, but the grandparents do. When a little bit can become a lot without their realization… Sugar and preservatives can cause behaviour problems and also learning abilities in kids. How I wish I am a superwoman! Anyone can give me the power to be a superwoman? ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1st month birthday, Berenice and Charlene!

Don't be too hard on yourself about taking care of the kids... you're doing a fantastic job!
Sometimes others just like to dote on them by feeding them junk food, and when I stop them, they will say "Oh poor thing... mommy says you cannot eat!" ;)

huskie

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home