Monday, March 12, 2007

Aloysius is 9 months old :)

It has been some time since I updated my blog. I have been very busy with Aloysius. Sometimes, I do not even have time to switch on my laptop. Let me update what I have learnt and done since the last update. So far, Aloysius has been creeping for almost 4 months already. Initially, I am not so eager to let him walk. hmm... I might change my mind. This morning, I was reading the book "How to teach your baby to be physically superb". Let you know after I have finished the book :). Hee... and if I have the time and remember to update here. Aloysius can creep up the stairs and ladder already. He loves to creep over obstacles under the dining table. Recently, he demonstrated that he can creep up the coffee table with the help of his toys box! Very soon, he will be up on the sofa. hmm... I constantly remind myself that I gotta give him the opportunity, but on the other hand, I will get very busy. hahaha... Priority should be for the development of Aloysius :)

A few days ago, my dad pushed him to the playground downstairs. He seems to be able to communicate with other babies. hahaha.. very cute... Seeing babies "ah ah ah" to each other is very cute. I did not go to the playground with them. Aloysius "ah ah ah" with another baby gal when I was changing his diaper at Taka nursery last Saturday. The baby gal also "ah ah ah". hmm... Is that babies' code of communication? Very cute, rite? My dad said Aloysius creeped a lot at the playground, and dun wanna go home!

I have attended 5 days of "Psychology of Vision" seminar. 2 days was with my sisters and hubby. 3 days was with my parents, my sis, da-sao, and sis's bf. It was a rewarding seminar. We are now a happier family. I learnt the importance of what our parents did to us may affect our success in future, our relationships with others, our decisions, etc. These can be applied to my dear son, Aloysius :).

I have read the book by Shichida titled "nao3 nei4 shi2 pin3 ruan3 ling2 zhi3". hmm... seems like white rice, eggs, cow's milk are not ideal for the brain development of kids, and same for adults too. Quite contradicting to previous believes rite? The best milk is still breast milk and no other milk. hmm... I am not trying to wean off Aloysius already. I think I will just let him wean off on his own when he's ready.

I read and found a book by Shichida titled "cong1 ming2 ying1 er2 pei2 yu4 fa3". I feel that this is another very good and practical book. I am always looking for books that tell me the recommendations on what to do at which stage. This book is what I have been looking for. If you are also looking for the same, I will recommend this book. For Aloysius' stage, I gotta buy him balls and balloons to teach him sizes, colours, weight, etc. And should be singing while playing a musical instrument to him daily. So far, I have only played CDs for him. I had collected songs in Swiss-German, Japanese, Hungarian, American-English. Nursery rhymes in Tagalog is next in the collection. Then maybe Canadian-French in July. Interesting, eh?

I am reading the book by Glen Doman titled "How to teach your baby to be physically superb". I haven't finish the book though. So far, the activities and practices are the same as what are recommended in the book "How smart is your baby". The difference is the evaluation part, and at which months for the stages of development. The aim now is to continue with the balance activities, and to creep 400 yards a day. This distance gotta be increased slowly with practice. hmm... I am not very sure how much Aloysius is creeping daily now, but we consciously think of ways to let him creep. It was stated in the book that the more babies creep, the earlier they can walk.

There will be 2 more Shichida class before the term break :). Yesterday, after the lesson, we stayed on for a while. The sinsei allowed the babies to freely play with the big abacus. Aloysius wanna climb up the big abacus! hahaha... The sinsei also taught us how to use the abacus to teach baby about "space". Time to buy an abacus now and start practising with the abacus song at home. Aloysius' sinsei also gave us the lyric of the abacus song. And another thing about abacus is to buy the plain ones, not the colorful ones cos baby will get distracted. The size of the abacus does not matter much.

As for Aloysius' weaning process, he's now taking a meal of oatmeal with a fruit at about 10am. Then his lunch at about 12pm. He will want his milk at about 3pm. I still latch him on. I am trying to feed him other food at 3pm, but it's not been successful, partly cos I haven't got the time and energy to prepare another meal. His dinner will be at about 6pm. His food is mainly mashed potato with vegetable such as avocado, pumpkin, butternut squash, spinach, broccoli. My sis's friend stayed with us for the past 5 days. She was asking me how come Aloysius is always eating. hahaha... I think Aloysius is either having a growth spurt or creeping a lot lately. He has got very good appetite.

We will be going to Bintan again in two weeks' time :). This time, we will be going to Bintan Lagoon resort...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home