Monday, September 04, 2006

Aloysius' first swim

Hello again...

I just brought Aloysius down to the pool for a swim :) He seems to like it. I "revised" from the "water babies" book what I should do to introduce him to the swimming pool :). It gotta be slow and make sure that the baby feel secure.

What I did was, let his legs dip in the water first. At first, he withdraw his legs cos the water is a little bit cold. Then, let him sit on the step to get his buttocks wet too. After a while, I carried him securely on my chest and walk down the steps into the water slowly :) He did not cry. Slowly, he got his body wet up to his neck. When he's comfortable in the water already, I carry him in my hands and let him "float" a little. He kicked freely in the water.

We got up and wrapped him up in his towels. I bathed him in luke warm water quickly and dried him and dressed him on the bed. When I was having my shower, I thought he will play on his own on the bed. But, he fell asleep! hahaha... so easy... I read from the book that babies will sleep very well and easily after a swim. This is becos their senses have been stimulated and swimming is relaxing to them :) Wow... That will perhaps motivate me to bring him for a swim often... lol...

Oh yes, some may ask me what is Aloysius' attire for swimming... It's just a top and a pre-folded nappy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home