Monday, September 04, 2006

Aloysius is almost 3 months!

Aloysius will be exactly 3 months old tommorrow :).

Last week, my hubby caught the flu virus and he's almost recovered. Unfortunately, I caught the virus too. hmm... maybe think too much already... Fingers crossed that Aloysius will not catch the virus. He's still sleeping between us at nite. I feed him Indinine every morning now. Last nite, I tried to put him in his baby cot, he refused and cried. Ok, that's all about the not so interesting things... :)

On Saturday, I went to Bishan community library to borrow some books :) It just opened on Saturday and was very crowded. I was very impressed cos many of the books are brand new. I borrowed a book by Gina Ford to read about how to start weaning. kekeke... I am collecting information and reading up on weaning Aloysius :) Being trained as a researcher, I prefer to read ahead and several books. We gotta wait for babies to be at least 16 weeks old before we can start on the rice cereals. For babies from 4 to 6 months, we gotta cook the vegetables and fruit puree. I read that banana will cause constipation, so no bananas. We should introduce the food one by one. The aim of feeding semi-solids to babies at this age is not to replace the milk, but for babies to have some taste of different kinds of food.

I also borrowed the book "Water babies" by Francoise Barbira Freedman. I am still reading the book. It's quite an interesting read. I am planning to bring Aloysius to swim soon :). From the book, it is recommended to start babies on swimming from birth! According to the author, the "best" time to start is between 6 and 16 weeks. This book recommends that swimming aids be used as support only, cos it will interfere with baby's ability to find his balance. Toys will be needed to keep the swimming interesting for babies over 4 months old, and only a few toys such as a squishy ball, plastic hoop, or watering can will be needed. The main aim of bringing baby for a swim is for parental closeness, and relaxation for the parents and the baby. If the baby cries, get him out and cuddle him :). We will have to start with letting baby feel their buoyancy. hmm.. As for baby "dunking" in the water, there will need to be some preparation :) and finally progress into swimming with baby underwater :) Ok, this is just a little bit of things that I have learnt from the book. Let me finish the book first then I will write more about it when time permits :)

On Sunday, we went to the library again :) I returned the Gina Ford's book cos I have finished browsing through :) And borrowed a few more books for Aloysius. On Saturday, I have borrowed a book. I made him sit beside me and I read the book to him. As I read, I will point at the words. He seems very attentive and very interested in the book, hence it motivated us to go to the library again on Sunday to get more books.

Ok, I gotta stop here... Gotta write my thesis already before baby wakes up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home