Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Counting down already...

It has been some time since I wrote a blog. I have been very busy with the new franchise trading, plus busy with Aloysius. I have changed my priority. My priority is to nurture and spend more time with Aloysius, instead of the internet and blogs. He’s growing very fast. I am still carrying out his favourite flashcards sessions. However, I skipped some days here and there when I get too busy.

How is Aloysius?

Aloysius’ is getting very cute and exploratory. He’s my dearest exploring genius. Lately, after attending a few weeks of classes at Julia Gabriel Playclub, he’s learning to keep toys back after playing with them, of course, with my instructions. He still loves the kitchen. A few weeks ago, he had the pleasure to play with my bucket of rice. Initially, he took out the things that are hiding the bucket, then scooping handfuls of rice throwing them on the lid on the bucket. After a while, before I knew it, he’s decided to spread the rice at every corners and every tiles of the kitchen!

My genius is starting to take toys apart too. Hahaha… Engineer in the making? Hmm… I, personally dun believe in surviving being an engineer… :P

Over the last few weeks, the whole family is enjoying his language development. A few days ago, he surprised me with his counting in English from one to twelve on his own! Then a few days after that, he surprised me with his counting in Mandarin from one to ten on his own! On Valentine’s day, it was “奶奶” birthday. I practiced with him saying “祝你生日快乐”. He could say every word, but he decided not to say them when we were on the phone with his “奶奶”. I can imagine, by two years old, he should be able to sing his own birthday song in Mandarin. He loves blowing the candles though. Whenever he sees candles in books, he will start to clap and blow. Lately, I have been teaching him to say “奶奶,你好吗?奶奶,你吃饱了没有?” He did followed when he was on the phone with “奶奶” twice so far. His words are rather accurate. Perhaps it’s the efforts of not speaking baby languages to him. A few weeks ago, my mum taught him “nen nen” for milk, and he got that! Just once and he got that! It took a few days to erase that though. Hahaha… Some how, he knows Mandarin and English, and can link them up. For example, he knows milk is “奶” in Mandarin, horse is “马” in Mandarin, MRT is “地铁” in Mandarin. He seems to know how to read words now. He will read some categories of his flashcards to me. Ok, I shall not test him :)

Another “cute” thing that he loves to do now is to imitate anyone talking on the phone. Warning: His imitation skill is superb! Today, he took his dad’s “The attitudes of wealth” cards and started chanting in his own language, as if he’s reading from the card. Hahaha… It was so funny. He knows the meaning of “no” and “yes” now, and when to use them.

I revised Glen Doman’s book about speaking baby language. It’s disrespectful to the child to speak baby language. The child will learn them and get confused when they grow up when they will be told to “unlearn” the baby language. So, it’s more respectful to speak in proper language with the child :).

Aloysius is still attending classes at Julia Gabriel twice a week, and his weekly lesson at Shichida Method. He has a playclub “bag” for his artworks, and he loves carrying his bag to “school” :). He enjoys his classes very much. We are very blessed with good teachers for Aloysius. Nowadays, I am cutting down on my activity with him in class. For JG, my mum will help me with attending the classes with Aloysius. For Shichida class, his daddy will bring him for class.

How are my gals?

I am pretty big in size now. Some people told me that I do not look pregnant from the back, except no waist. Hahaha…When I looked at myself in the mirror, I do look like I gonna be back to original size immediately after giving birth. Just take out the gals and I will be slim immediately. Fingers crossed… Ahhem… I have stretch marks now. Lots of them. My hubby said he gonna invest in Miraeca and Mior for my tummy. Kekeke… It’s so sweet of him, isn’t it? More on the power of Miraeca and Mior later…

I just had the final detailed scan yesterday. Twin A is 2.00kg now, and Twin B is 2.04kg. By using LMP calculation, they are 32 weeks 1 day. After the measurements, they are about 33 weeks on average. They are growing very well, isn’t it? Being curious, I compared their weight and gestation age with other single babies, they are not on the small side. I am very happy that they are growing as well as those single babies :). Maybe it’s the “tai jiao” that I have been doing on and off, and/or my efforts in popping lots of VPlus and Indinine, and also 2 teaspoon of lecithin daily. Oh yes, the sonographer told me they are still moving and floating freely in the amniotic fluid too. Hmm... I read from Shichida’s book that lecithin is very important for the quality of the amniotic fluid during pregnancy. Oh yes, I am also trying my best to drink as much carrot juice as I can. Remember the vegan boy I met a while ago? His mum took lots of carrot juice during pregnancy and he was the most pink baby in the nursery, and did not have any jaundice at all.

After the scan, we saw Dr. Chew. He suggested c-section on 29 March, at 37 weeks! He said because I had two open surgeries before, one for fibroid and one c-section, it’s better not to take the risk of delaying till 38 weeks. Hmm… Most likely, we will heed his advice cos it’s a risk of 3 lives. I will be busy over the next few weeks to get the things ready, and also “shopping” for a maid. I still gotta clear the storeroom for a maid though. Gonna get some shelving ready. I ordered a Pump In Style Advanced from US. I will be receiving it today. I am so excited… I planned to breastfeed my gals till one year old :).

Oh yes, before I forget, Dr. Chew did a 3D scan of the face of Twin A (Oops… I haven’t got their names yet.). She looks like my hubby! Hopefully, there will be another chance to scan the face of Twin B :). It’s weekly visits to Dr. Chew from now…

Later all...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jake's Mummy said...

Wow.. so exciting - 1 more month! Glad all have been smooth sailing for you and the gals. Do rest well during your final month... :)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger nutcase said...

congrats! & keep well

Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home